Kairos offers cbse curriculum from grade 1 to grade 8
The central board of Secondary Education (CBSE, New Delhi) is an official board of education under the union government of India. This board is responsible to organize various examinations for all the students who are pursuing in schools affiliated to under CBSE.
The CBSE envisions a robust, vibrant and holistic school education that will engender excellence in every sphere of human endeavour. The Board is committed to provide quality education to promote intellectual, social and cultural vivacity among its learners. It works towards evolving a learning process and environment, which empowers the future citizens to become global leaders in the emerging knowledge society. The Board advocates Continuous and Comprehensive Evaluation with an emphasis on holistic development of learners. The Board commits itself to providing a stress-free learning environment that will develop competent, confident and enterprising citizens who will promote harmony and peace.
About Academics Unit
The goal of the Academic, Training, Innovation and Research unit of Central Board of Secondary Education is to achieve academic excellence by conceptualising policies and their operational planning to ensure balanced academic activities in the schools affiliated to the Board.
PRE SCHOOL & KINDERGARTEN
Learning at this stage is experiential, fun & activity based. The pedagogical processes followed are based on developmentally appropriate methods with multiple teaching and learning strategies. The child is the central figure and an active participant in the teaching learning process. Children enjoy the freedom to explore, express, create and interact within their environment and gain knowledge.
Children at this stage:
- identify self by specific abilities, characteristics and preferences (e.g., by gender, age, as part of a family, friends, colours, food etc.)
- develop a sense of balance and physical coordination through play.
- learn language through activities like role play, storytelling, poetry recitation, singing and reading age appropriate and level based books.
- understand to analyse their actions as right or wrong.
- learn to be friends with children from diverse backgrounds, celebrate various festivals, sing and dance together.
- learn to live in harmony with their environment, make observations, enquire and ask questions – what, how & why.
- relate a numeral to its respective quantity, associate value to a number and Identify shapes by names: curved and straight lines, circle, square, triangle and understand spatial relationships.
- learn to manage their feelings and emotions and learn appropriate behaviour.
- demonstrate the ability to begin to assume responsibility for their own safety within their environment.
- learn values, life skills, build relationships and grow up as confident and responsible citizens.
At this stage, there is no system of formal assessment.
PRIMARY CLASSES I TO VII
- At this stage too, the curriculum supports experiential learning, focuses on conceptual clarity by relating learning to everyday life, developing thinking and analytical skills. The curriculum also aims at nurturing the affective domain of the learners through subjects and activities which will help develop the basic life skills in the learner – self-awareness, effective communication skills and emotional strength. The pedagogy at this stage is not absolutely fixed, structured or prescribed but it is multi-dimensional and flexible, which gives the learner ample opportunities to explore and discover.Third Language is introduced in Class IV.Children also get opportunities to join various hobby clubs as per their interest and aptitude. They participate in intra-section and inter-section competitions, class assemblies, annual days, celebrations and social awareness campaigns.
- The following subjects are compulsory subjects included in the curriculum: English, Maths, Science, Social, Computers.
- II Language options offered for Middle School Students: Hindiand French
- III Language options offered are Hindi, Telugu and French,
It is a total teaching-learning program comprising overall aims, syllabus, materials, methods, and assessment as per the prescribed pattern. The school follows the assessment and evaluation pattern as instructed by the Central Board of Secondary Education. Periodic Assessments are conducted twice a year along with the Half Yearly and Annual Exams. Notebook maintenance and subject enrichment activities are given due importance and awarded marks for both terms. In the School-Based Assessment, the Scholastic activities will be assessed on a 9 point scale. All activities under the Co-scholastic domain will be assessed on a five-point scale. The school encourages teachers to attend training programs run by the Board to build their teaching and testing skills.
The qualifying grade in each subject under Scholastic activity shall be minimum Grade D
The students will be assessed in subjects under Scholastic Area utilizing the conventional numerical marking and later converted into the grades.
- The school adopts the most progressive and pupil-cantered system.
- Innovative techniques are employed by teachers to ascertain students get the most of every moment they spend at the school.
The curriculum, systems, activities, and the entire ethos of the institution is designed to make the students discover their environment through exploration. The curriculum is flexible and contextual. It is designed to develop the rational and analytical faculties of puerile students. It lays accentuation on learning by doing. Art, Music, Dance, Physical Education, Games, Clubs, Robotics are some of the mediums of imparting education.